About the Sherfield on Loddon Beer Festival
Annually in September
Come rain or shine - an indoor and outdoor event!
- A large range of real ales plus cider and perry - only £3 a pint.
- All drinks purchased using tokens available inside the hall.
- A bar selling wine and soft drinks.
- Hot food including a Hog Roast, Fish & Chips (in the evening) and a range of snack food.
- Live music throughout the day featuring local bands.
- Enjoy the Village Hall garden (weather permitting!).
- Marquee to provide additional covered area.
- Free evening taxi shuttle service from the Village Hall to Bramley Station.
- Free entrance to Under 18's if accompanied by an adult.
- Regrettably, dogs are not allowed in the hall or the hall garden.
Live Bands 2014
In order of appearance:
Basingstoke Concert Band
Dan Owers (an acoustic session)
US4/U2 (with a reputation as one of the most sought after tribute bands in Europe.)
This year the festival glasses will be sponsored by the Four Horseshoes in Sherfield.
Opened in 1992, St Michael's Hospice provides care for patients across North Hampshire with a life-limiting illness and the goal of care is to help patients achieve the best possible quality of life. The Hospice receives less than 30% of its running costs through the Hampshire Primary Care Trust so the remainder needs to be raised through its shops and fundraising activities. With the help of the local community the Hospice can continue to provide its vital services.
Sherfield Village Hall is a great asset to the village and is used by many local organisations. Being a lovely old building, its upkeep is not cheap and renovations need to be done in a sympathetic manner. As a Charity, the only regular income the Hall has is from its hiring fees so donations and fund raising events are essential.