About the Sherfield on Loddon Beer Festival
Annually in September
Come rain or shine - an indoor and outdoor event!
Feel free to bring your own garden chairs.
- A large range of real ales plus cider and perry.
- A bar selling wine and soft drinks.
- Hog Roast, chilli, baked potatoes and a range of snack food.
- Live music throughout the day featuring local bands.
- All drinks purchased using tokens available inside the hall.
- Enjoy the Village Hall garden (weather permitting!). Feel free to bring your own garden chairs.
- Marquee to provide additional covered area.
- Free evening minibus shuttle service from Sherfield Village Hall to Bramley station.
- Free entrance to Under 18's if accompanied by an adult.
In September 2013 the music started with acoustic sessions from Lex Rose and Dan Owers.
The live bands for the 2013 Festival were:
"No Way Out"
"Whiskey Bottom Road" - purveyor of some of the finest Rolling Stones tunes around.
Unfortunately "The Naked Teddies"were unable to perform due to an accident.
We'd like to thanks the following companies and individuals for sponsoring the 2013 Festival.
The Four Horseshoes
The Garage at Sherfield
Sherdon Estate Agents
The Shop at Sherfield
Sherfield Village Brewery
The Nag's Head in Reading
Opened in 1992, St Michael's Hospice provides care for patients across North Hampshire with a life-limiting illness and the goal of care is to help patients achieve the best possible quality of life. The Hospice receives less than 30% of its running costs through the Hampshire Primary Care Trust so the remainder needs to be raised through its shops and fundraising activities. With the help of the local community the Hospice can continue to provide its vital services.
Sherfield Village Hall is a great asset to the village and is used by many local organisations. Being a lovely old building, its upkeep is not cheap and renovations need to be done in a sympathetic manner. As a Charity, the only regular income the Hall has is from its hiring fees so donations and fund raising events are essential.